420PMUK VRD 16 Pro series are our most impressive line of rotary vane pumps available. Known for their high degree of efficiency and deep ultimate vacuum, all Pro models feature a dual-stage, chemical-resistant pump configuration designed to handle abusive, extended vacuum evacuations. Capable enough to comfortably handle laboratory and scientific applications, these pumps are also extremely simple in operation and require minimal maintenance.
- PTFE chemical resistant pump vanes provide superior corrosion resistance and reliability.
- Large oil reservoir and adjustable gas ballast standard on every model to increase pump oil lifetime.
- Internal check-valve included in every unit, prevents accidental pump oil backflow.
- Exhaust oil filter trap included.
- DEEP ultimate vacuum and KF25 inlet for optimal pumping speed.
- Lightweight, with noise-dampening rubber feet.
- Rugged, reliable, economical, and efficient pump designed for day in, day out use.
|Plug||NEMA 5-15 UK Standard|
|Configuration||2 Stage Pump|
|Ultimate Vacuum||0.3 Micron|
|Ultimate Vacuum (with ballast)||6 Micron|
|Oil Capacity||1500 ml|
|Recommended Oil||Ultragrade 19|
|Max Speed||1720 RPM|
|Noise Level||<58 dB|
|Package||Inlet / Exhaust||KF25 / NW25|
UL Listed Available (select above)
|Ships With||Exhaust Filter, Pump Oil, User Manual, Power Cable|
|Pro Series Pump Components
(Included exhaust filter not pictured)
|Pump speed comparison for our Pro Series pumps.|
How do Rotary Vane pumps work?
Rotary vane pumps work by having a rotor with two adjusting vanes continuously rotating and exhausting air or any other molecules in the occupied space. The four stages which a rotary vane pump undergo are shown below:
Single Stage vs Two Stage Vacuum Pump:
BVV Pro Series pumps are a dual stage rotary vane pump style. Dual stage pumps have two rotors and two sets of vanes that work together to full pull a medium vacuum (1st stage) and then pull a better vacuum (2nd stage). These pumps will evacuate more quickly, and can pull a deeper vacuum, when compared to single stage pumps.
What is Gas Ballast and how does it work?
During the pumping process the vacuum pump is trying to evacuate gas present in the occupied space, both non-condensable and condensable gases and vapors. Gas ballast helps increase the percentage of non-condensable vapors such that it will allow for the pump to efficiently exhaust all gases and vapors. This in turn will increase the overall efficiency and pumps life. When the pump is being used with non-condensable gases it’s safe to keep the gas ballast valve closed. On the other hand, when there is a condensable gas or vapor present, the gas ballast should be opened appropriately. Gas ballast is used at the beginning of the pumping process when condensable gases are known to be present, then it’s closed to finish pulling the deepest vacuum.
PUMP WARRANTY INFORMATION
• Customers using solvents such as stabilization resins (MinWax™, Gator Venom™ etc.), alcohol and other polar solvents must use the vacuum pumps in conjunction with a cold trap for evacuations in excess of 5 minutes. http://sukeyjumpmusic.com/wp-content/cache/et/5753/et-core-unified-15348117277556.min.css (Excludes Cactus Juice™)
• If the consumer is using the pump for prolonged periods of time exceeding 5 minutes we require that a cold trap is used or the pump warranty is void.
• These stabilization resins have the ability to break down the internal components of the pump that are plastic resulting in a seized motor voiding all warranties.
• When evacuation exceeds 5 minutes these solvents begin to vaporize and then re-condense in the vacuum pump reservoir. Once enough solvent re-condenses in the pump displacing the oil the plastic internal components may begin to warp, melt or seize. The use of a cold trap will condense the vapors prior to making their way to the vacuum pump preventing pump damage due to excessive use. Furthermore, Minwax Wood Hardener™ is not to be used with any vacuum pumps, view it now EVER. (A seized motor will result within the first use.)
• To prevent these issues from happening to your process, change the Oil after each vacuum pump use, Even if the use time is only 5min.